Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Ok people, let's get serious:

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We've been having activity lower than average for over 2 months. We had semi-zero activity yesterday, and zero activity today (excluding my posts).

    It'd be ridiculous to stand here and pretend there's not a problem. We have a problem, it is a fact; and though I don't want to sound too serious, nor I'm blaming *ANYONE* because I know we all have a real life (including myself, who haven't yet restored the normal GB page and it's still saying Merry Christmas...).
    But one thing is for sure: if we want to keep our nice little community alive, we should try to do better than this, otherwise the board will slowly fade away, and our once great and full of life board will be gone.

    It's not that I'm worried for the site I run dying, I wouldn't be one tenth as worried were this the case. I'm worried for our *community*, which is far much more than a mere website. We are all friends here and it would be a real pity that our links break.

    Because of this, I want to have a brainstorm. Please, everyone, think of anything and eveything that will make this place (not site) better: improvements, ideas, rules changes, new threads, challenges, or whatever. I'm open to everything and everyone, and I'll do my very best to fulfill everyone's wishes.

    Please, post your ideas, and if you can't think of any, post your opinion and let the rest of the board know how you feel about this.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm always lurking on the weekdays, but not often on weekends, as Wiseman said, I do have a life, I have company most of the time.

    But as for ideas, I'm out. All I can say is Maddox owns.

    http://maddox.xmission.com

    Hilarious man.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Spent night at Lina's Friday, then friends last night and today

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not talking about today or yesterday, I'm talking about 2 months, and I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, I'm just worried for the community.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's fine, IMO. If it really seems to begin dying, I'll start posting on topics I have no real opinion in, just for the sake of posting (I'll make an effort to make it related though ) ^_^

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's good, thanks ^_^

    I'll try to work on Proto Omega and release it with the bare minimum contents, but then I won't be able to post as much. Anyways, I doubt I'll have it ready before february, because finals are around the corner.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Proto Omega is the best thing you can do to keep our community alive, we've been over this one before; we're far beyond the subject matter of this board (Grandia II, by the way [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and we're going into all sorts of things.

    Unfortunately, i dont post often here - im not particularly busy, i dont think, ive just been lazy since christmas. I'll make an effort to post more because i feel bad!
    But you know, i cant imagine this wonderful little community here dying so easily, we're just having a little bit of depression following christmas.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll put myself to work on Proto Omega tomorrow. I'll do my best to have the main page ready as soon as possible. I'll delay everything else, except maybe for the PΩR&R, so I can launch the site as soon as possible. I'll be risking the initial impact the site makes on people though, having no more than 4x the Granaboard and no new sections.

    After finals, if DR is still busy, I'll do the profiles myself.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it'd be better to have a good initial impression rather than getting the siteout sooner.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I admit that i've lowered my activity really a lot, but i still keep coming here... i never saw this message before. But i keep here. May be i don't do too much posts, but i keep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •